Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Welcome to the Kriel!

Hello and welcome to the Kegslayer's Kriel!

This blog is all about my Trollblood army for the Hordes miniature game produced by Privateer Press and all of it's exploits. So why blog about this? What makes it so special?

Some of my Trollblood minis have passed through several hands on the way to mine, and to be honest I had even tried to sell them myself! After listing them twice on eBay and there being virtually no interest in them whatsoever, I decided to break out this army for the last tour of the Mark I rules at my FLGS, BattleZone Comics.

The Trolls have a bad reputation locally as being a very bland army which is ironic when you consider how full of character the minis are. I also think that the fact that the only Troll player in the store was also one of the worst players didn't help the situation. He managed to take rules lawyering to a new level by loudly arguing about rules that only existed in his own little world.

As for myself, I am first and foremost a Cryx player so I do have to say that the Troll style of play does seem kind of bland. The Cryx are tricksy while the Trolls... well, let's just say not so much. So how do you make an army like this interesting? Well, by fielding the only leader in the game that come with his own keg!

Instead of just making a Trollblood army, I am actually going to make Borka's Kriel, right down to the tartans they are wearing. Fluff based armies tend to have a bad reputation as they are not necessarily the best tactically but I think it is going to be a lot of fun regardless. And to make things even more interesting, I am determined to paint the entire thing as well. Bare metal to fully painted in four weeks. Is it possible? We're just gonna have to see if I can pull this one off.

No comments:

Post a Comment